About Me

Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm 27 years old, I'm from Mexico and I'm an Accountant. I own an environmental company in Mexico and I really like to work there. I will stay in Vancouver until September 9th this year. I chose Vancouver because a lot of people told me it was a very nice city... And it is! And I read that Vancouver has one of the best lifestyles in the world.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Advice for living and studying in Vancouver

Hello!!!

First of all, you have to bring enough warm clothes especially if you are from a hot country... Vancouver is very cold.

You must carry an umbrella everyday because it rains a lot, and also you should have a waterproof jacket.

You should buy the monthly pass for the bus and the skytrain because it will be cheaper than paying for them everyday... You will save about 150 dollars a month or even more.

You might go to every activity in your school because it will be fun and you can get to know a lot of people...

If you want to go shopping, you can go to Metrotown, a very big mall, it's really nice and you can find everything at different prices.

You should take vitamin D, because someone told me that here in Vancouver you don't get so much sun and you need it... And because of the weather sometimes you become a little depressed, sad, tired, etc...

I highly recomend to go to Stanley Park and rent a bike or a roller blading, it is really fun.

And you should try the food, in Vancouver there are a lot of restaurants from different countries, you have a big variety!

No comments: